Mental Health Crisis Help

Community Mental Health offers walk in or call crisis 24 Hours a Day (Walk-in services are for those in immediate crisis and cannot wait for an appointment). Contact Us to get directions to the CMH Building. Crisis services provides crisis intervention, assessment, and screening for voluntary and involuntary psychiatric hospitalization.
Toll Free: 800.372.8460
Local: 517.346.8460
TTY: 517.267.7623
Mental Health Crisis

CMHA-CEI Has an array of processes to address the person's concerns about their care. Our goal is to address the person's concerns about their care. Our goal is to address any care concern that you or your family member might have as quickly and efficiently as possible. Our staff are empowered and committed to making that happen. There are three informal and six formal appeals and grievance processes that may be utilized by the person or their representative. You may do these one at a time or all of them at the same time.

  1. Talk with your case manager/supports Coordinator/therapist about your concerns.
  2. If your concern is not resolved talk with the supervior of your Case manager, supports coordinator/therapist
  3. If your concern is still not resolved, talk with the director of your program.

If you or someone else thinks that your rights have been violated, file a right complaint. You may learn more about that in "Contact Us", Recipient Rights.
If you have requested services from CMHA-CEI and you've received a written notice that you are not eligible for services you may file a request for a second opinion.

If you don't agree with your person/centered/family centered/treatment plan or you've received a written notice that your plan is being changed and you don't like the changes, you may file a local appeal and/or request an administrative Hearing.

If you have been receiving a Family Support Subsidy and you have received written notice that you are no longer eligible you may file a Family Support subsidy Appeal.

If your concern/complaints is none of the above you may file a grievance.

For more information or assistance with filling a complaint please contact customer service at 346-8244 or toll-free 1-877-333-8933 during business hours. If you call after hours, your call will be returned on the next business day.

  • The six formal appeal/grievances processes include;
  • Second Option Process
  • The Local Dispute/Grievance Resolution Process
  • Family Support Subsidy Appeal Process
  • Recipient Rights Process

Department of Community Health Fair Hearing Process (Medicaid enrollees) Department of Community Health Alternative Dispute Resolution Process (persons not enrolled in Medicaid)

^ Back to Top